It’s no secret that everyone loves to text. In fact, 68 percent of Americans under 30 prefer texting over any other method of communication (source: Gallop Poll).
But consumers don’t just want to text with their friends and family.
In fact, recent research has found that 90 percent of consumers want to use messaging when communicating with a business.
If customers are 35x more likely to see a text than an email, and most consumers want to use messaging, then it's important for every business to build their communication strategies accordingly.
Here are 5 THINGS TO CONSIDER when sending text messages to customers:
1) Make sure your text messages contain valuable content, helpful information, and supportive material. Text messaging was designed as a communication channel for friends and family to utilize - so keep this in mind when designing a campaign.
2) Do not use text messaging to be self-serving or to push products or services. Your customers appreciate thoughtful communication that can help their lives. Text campaigns won't work if you're always pushing your product or service.
3) Remember that your text messages can be easily filtered as SPAM by carriers if you're using a mass texting platform, like digitalcare100.com.
4) Limit the number of text messages you send to your customers. Treat this channel like you do with your friends. If you blow up a customer's text inbox, they will not only lose trust in you, they will say bye-bye.
5) Create short, helpful, informative videos and include them in your text campaigns. Your customer is most likely to watch a video that is delivered to their text inbox, especially if it contains value!